Are you looking for gentle, effective chiropractic adjustments tailored to your unique needs? At Owens Chiropractic PS, we use every tool at our disposal to offer precise, low-impact treatments that can improve your quality of life. The Activator Method is an excellent alternative to conventional chiropractic methods. It is ideal for patients who prefer a gentle adjustment style or might be anxious about traditional chiropractic methods.
What Is the Activator Method?
The Activator Method is a gentle instrument assisted manipulation technique that can alleviate a wide range of painful conditions. The Activator adjusting instrument, a hand-held, spring-loaded mechanical instrument, delivers low-force pulses to the area of your body that needs treatment. Some newer Activator models are cordless and powered electronically instead of using a spring-loaded mechanism. The Activator device can treat pain and stiffness in your neck, back, shoulders, and knees and can even treat headaches.
Activator Method Benefits
- Effective and comfortable - Because the Activator instrument employs a quick rapid pulse, your body's muscles are less likely to tense up and resist treatment. This lack of resistance increases your comfort level and the treatment's efficacy.
- Limited force - The applied force is controlled and localized and does not put the joint in compromised positions.
- Gentle on your joints and spine - The Activator Method is appropriate for sensitive patients and those with weakened joints and bones.
- Precise - The Activator can target a small area to restore mobility. This is especially beneficial for neck injuries that involve the smallest vertebrae of the upper spine (your cervical vertebrae), TMJ pain, or disc problems.
- Provides pain relief: the device is useful in reducing restriction in stiff achy joints
- Medicare approved: the Activator Method and the Activator device are part of Medicare coverage-approved chiropractic treatment.
Is the Activator Method Right for Me?
The gentle, precise application of the Activator Method makes it a great option for many patients. It is especially ideal for:
- Sensitive patients or those who do not tolerate manual adjustments well
- People who prefer a very gentle treatment or dislike the "cracking" sensation
- Patients with weakened joints and bones, like people who have osteoporosis, osteopenia or arthritis
- Elderly patients
- Young children
Your team at Owens Chiropractic PS knows that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to your health. A vital aspect of the care we provide is the variety of approaches Dr. Owens can use. We will work with you to determine a custom treatment plan tailored to your physical needs and comfort level.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment and see if the Activator Method might be right for you.